If you’re like me, Memorial Day weekend is the start of summer. The smell of barbecue in the air, community pools open, and the kids (and teachers) are counting the days for the end of school.
For the Morongo Basin summer kick-off starts with the Annual Grubstake Days in Yucca Valley. The schedule of events is full of activities for adults, families, and kiddos alike. We’ve highlighted the schedule and links for greater detail for ease.
Thursday May 23:
• Kick-Off Western Mixer Elks Lodge 5 pm - 7 pm
Saturday May 25:
• Pancake Breakfast - Elk’s Lodge / 7 am
• Pony Express Ride - Pioneer Town Post Office / Noon
• Tug of War - Hwy 62 and Hilton / Weigh-in 11:30 am
• Horseshoe Tournament - Hwy 62 and Hilton / Noon
• Beard Contest - Hwy 62 and Hilton / Noon Registration 1 pm Judging
• Rodeo - Hawk’s Landing Golf Club / 7 pm
• Carnival - Highway 62 and Hilton / 12 pm - 10 pm
Stay in the know of local events, happenings and updates by following @Rent29!